Re: New live sampling/looping/delay effect

Quoting Os <os@collective.co.uk>:

> I've just released a beta of a new plugin which can do some pretty
> powerful and unusual looping type stuff:
>
> http://www.collective.co.uk/expertsleepers/xfadelooper.html

Os, you never cease to amaze me: this rocks just so hard!

In the past, I've posted about how much fun I've had with the previous
versions
of Crossfade Loop Synth, especially assigning the sample start and end
points
to the AXYZ dome on the Alesis Photon controller and manipulating the loop
points in realtime.

The only thing that ever nagged at me with the instrument was that it only
worked on pre-recorded sample files.  I'd be playing around with a sample
and
would wish I could do the same while looping realtime input.  Any
half-dozen
times I've almost written off a feature request for this (or, conversely,
for
similar loop point manipulation capabilities in Augustus Loop), but then
sloughed it off thinking, "nah, I gotta be the only guy around interested
in
this".

Now, here comes the Crossfade Loop Synth Effect, which sounds like exactly
the
functionality I would've requested.

I'm off on travel (again!) but I'm going to add this one as a regular in my
little arsenal just as soon as I get back.

Bravo!  Like I said, Os, you rock!!!

     --m.