Re: short piece of music in a kind of cinematic style posted

You're the man, Per! I like the bassoon sounding guy in City 17. Is that the EWI?

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846
250.752.4816
www.glassWing.com
www.richardsales.com
www.hayleysales.com
www.blueberryfieldsfarm.com

On 1-Mar-07, at 2:18 PM, Per Boysen wrote:

Hi,

Today I recorded a short piece of music in a kind of cinematic style I like very much. If someone want to listen I put it online here:
http://www.looproom.com/audio/city_seventeen.m4a

This piece was not produced by live looping (as the guitar piece I posted some days ago) but the feel, the orchestration and the performance attitude is something I have directly learned from practicing looping (at home and at concerts ;-). Back in the days I would have had to compose to come up with this kind of music, but after the recent years of live looping it feels more natural to improvise the parts very quickly (when I succeed in disconnecting my brain a more interesting music is starting to happen). The idea is, as in solo looping, to do "questions and answers", taking on different roles by playing different instruments against each other. The instrument I played here was the EWI 4000s. But in a way I would also like say that Logic makes for a great deal of "the instrument". Logic's synths, sampler functionality and dynamic filtering effects makes it possible to find the sound I have been thinking about for years. To record unquantized MIDI with an EWI into a sequencer of that high resolution is the damn coolest palette IMHO! So this is why I want to daisy-chain a Mac in front of my Mobius looping laptop ;-)

per