Re: Zipper , an example (software testing)

>Actually I don't think Roland have a lot of bugs in their gear.
>
>I'd be fairly certain they have guys to systematically test their
>products.
>( but who wouldn't conceive what LDers would want to do with it)

But the major complaints so far with the RC-50 have to to with audio
interruptions, either from recording or switching loops. How is it
that the Lexicon Jamman has no such issues and the RC-50 does? Too
many features and not enough DSP / memory to go around. Is this a
bug? The official reply is "If you don't like it, don't use that
feature".  Defining a 'bug' is tricky. Sometimes a 'bug' is let
through because it's not considered a problem in normal use. On the
other hand... The EH 16 second delay has a time stretch feature. It's
really wacky and can be used with the tempo slider in real time to
add odd textures to the loop. The designer excluded this feature on
the 2880 because he didn't like the sound.  In one sense this
'feature' was a 'bug' and 'fixed' in the next product.

>>  As a beta tester, I was perhaps the only member of the 'team' who
>>dealt extensively and exclusivly with the end product.
>>The basic reality is that the alpha and beta devices are broken and
>>malfunctioning and need sombody with excellent troubleshooting -and
>>particularly communication - skills to sus them out.
>
>wanna job ?   :-)

What need testing?

http://www.zmix.net