Newbie Question

Hi there,

I've perused the archives quite a bit but I thought I'd also try to pick
anyone's brain who has any ideas for me....

I'm looking to do some live looping performances using the following
instruments:  vocals, digital piano(via MIDI), and guitar, as well as some
pre-created drum loops from my MacBook Pro, and to be able to record and
cue each track n-the-fly (i.e. record, store, turn on-and-off) using a
foot pedal of some kind.  I understand that Ableton Live is a good
software-based solution, and that things like the JamMan or the RC-20xl
are good hardware looping pedals, but can someone maybe paint a picture of
how all of these things could interface together?  And would I need any
other equipment (external mixing board, etc)???

Any suggestions at all would be really, really appreciated.  I want to get
started ASAP and I could use some direction!

Thanks,
Siobahn Hotaling