Re: Foot timing

For guitarists:

1 e + a 2 e + a
D U D U D U D U

D = down stroke
U = up   stroke

So if you practice entering at any of the subdivisions it helps to
silently do the down/up strokes before actually entering. Or play
them as ghost notes.

A fun (mental) exercise is also to practice every rhythm starting
with an upstroke instead of a downstroke, i.e.

1 e + a 2 e + a
U D U D U D U D

I'm not a drummer, but I sometimes do the same exercises with left/
right hand instead of down/up stroke. Or I take a drumming exercise
and replace L, R by U, D...

Bernhard