OT (very): Rush

oh god, I really hesitate to write this (by which rules I probably
should not even be writing). But I know there are loads of prog fans in
this community, so just wanted to offer my opinion that Rush's new
record is freakin' GREAT. It's their first album in 15-plus years that I
find myself compelled to listen to more than a couple of times. I've
always admired them for persevering, and there's usually a song or two
on the records that is interesting, but in general I've found the band
samey and tiresome for a long, long time - overcomposed, overproduced
and often overplayed. This new recording, though, is varied, dynamic,
and relatively restrained...and critically, is NOT a contender for the
worst example of mastering over-compression abuse.

pardonnez-moi,

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com