Re: Echoplex LED level indicators question. Please Help Me!

I don't want to beat a dead horse, so please forgive me if I am, but the led level discrepancy starts from the very first loop recording.  I mean from the get-go I can record a loop with the input led dark and the feedback led strong green.  I understand that as I add loops the feedback led will indicate more signal than the input but from the very first loop?  My main concern is that I have used the Echoplex for 6 months with the Loop III software and I am by no means an expert, but I understand the machine pretty well and did not notice this before upgrading.  It is almost as if the led signals have reversed.  Before the software upgrade the input signal was always hotter than the feedback and I would have to turn the mix button a little to the loop side to get th right mix. I have called the British Audio repair folks and they have never heard of this as a problem.  I may end up just sending to them and lettin g them look at it if I can't resolve this.  Any other thoughts would be appreciated.