Re: Re: Re: more looped tuba examples from Ouroboros

On Tue, 15 May 2007, miles ward wrote:

> I just did a recording session with Richard @ Glasswing, I hope to
> have some samples up for all of you to peruse shortly. I've done the
> mic down the bell thing, but I thought we got a great sound with a big
> condenser about 3 ft from the bell.  I'm on a sousaphone too, so that
> might impact the success of the "down the bell" technique, since mine
> is kinked.  You're stuff is amazing, these are GREAT recordings!  Fun
> stuff for all of us tuba folks.  Have you guys heard the
> YoungBloodBrassBand tuba player Nate McCavish?  The guy is a complete
> chainsaw of bass.  Marvelous!

Thank you for the compliments on the recordings, I'm glad they're
sounding decent. Also thanks for the mic'ing notes, I appreciate it. I'm
not familiar with Nate McCavish, but I'll check it out and pass the
recommendation on to David.

Steve B
Subscape Annex  http://www.subscapeannex.com/
Ouroboros       http://www.subscapeannex.com/ouroboros/