AW: Line 6 DL4 questions

> Some questions about the DL4:
> - Is it possible to control feedback with the DL4? Or do you need the
> (optional) expression pedal for that?

In delay mode: yes, also without the expression pedal.
In looper mode: no, not even with the expression pedal.

(There is the possibility to connect an external volume pedal and use an
"inverted" patch cable to get some kind of feedback control for looper
mode,
though).

> - Do you need the line 6 expression pedal or can use
> something like a Boss
> EV-5 as well?

I use a cheap generic expression pedal - no problems so far. You can
calibrate the value range of the pedal.

> - I own a Boss DD-20. Do you think it's worth to add the DL4
> to a setup or do they have too much overlap? The idea is to
> use the DL4 for delay effects and short loops which will be
> feeded into a RC-50.

I'm somewhat confused regarding DD-20 or RC-50...or are you thinking about
using DD-20 plus RC-50 plus DL4?

The DD20 has a looper mode which sucks but great delay (due to its length
and the possibility to do multiply/divide with it). I still need to figure
out how to combine both the DL4 and the DD20 for greatest effect. I
wouldn't
think a DL4 in addition to a RC50 and a DD20 would make that much sense,
but
perhaps someone with more RC50 experience can chime in here.

        Rainer