glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846
250.752.4816
www.glassWing.com
www.richardsales.com
www.hayleysales.com
www.blueberryfieldsfarm.com

On 22-May-07, at 6:40 PM, samba - wrote:

I think the reason horns play more vocal like lines isn't to do with roadmaps.it's because you have to breathe.So you learn how to pause in places where it makes musical sense,and phrase in relation to when you have plenty of air ,and when you have not much. What better way to add a sense of urgency than needing to take a breath? Clapton and Robbie Robertson have said they hold their breath to play certain things. Roy Buchanan used to say to himself ' help me help me help me" ,while he sustained a bend.
A useful BB trick both for expression and showmanship is to make a face like something really hurts while executing a bend. But singers and horn players can't fingerpick.

Catch suspicious messages before you open them—with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507