Re: AW: AW: looking for looper that syncs to real drums

I think this is similar to what Per is saying, but I'd encourage you to learn how to "restart" your loops on the RC-50 and try that with your drummer.  So, if a loop starts to drift from where the drummer's beat is - *you* force a restart of the loop exactly on the "1".  If he's reasonably tight (sounds like he is), then he won't have drifted too far from the tempo caught in your loop, and everything will be good again for a while.

This is the way I finally learned to integrate looping into a live band situation.  Works beautifully once everyone knows that those are the rules of the game.  Drummer doesn't have to strain to hear/adjust to your loops - his job is just to stay steady in the groove.

Also, restarting on something other than the "1" (for instance, on the 3.5!) can produce some nice syncopation.

Doug