Re: Query regarding Boss RC20XL

Rachel Clutterbuck wrote:
> Can anyone give advice on looping vocals thru a Boss RC20XL?  I use my
> loop station to loop electro-acoustic guitar, percussion
> (djembe,shaker,etc) and vocals.  When at home playing thru my pedal
> and amp it all sounds lovely - the vocals are crisp, but when playing
> out thru a PA - the vocals thru the pedal are so muffled it's almost
> not worth doing!
> How can i fix this?
> Do I need an external mixer to plug into the pedal - so I can alter
> the tone of the vocals before they get to the PA?  Or someone told me
> something about the PA sending the loop signal backwards...
> If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it - am really stuck!
Hi Rachel,

When you're at home, what mic are you using?  What amp are you using?
Where is the speaker placed?  Is it facing you?  Is it at ear level or
on the floor pointing at your knees?  What connections are you making
between mic, looper, and amp?

Now please describe the same thing when you're playing through a PA.  In
theory, you shouldn't be having a problem but a crappy PA in a good room
or a good PA in a crappy room can make you think things are muffled from
on stage when they're clear to the audience.  Or things could truely be
muffled.  If your guitar and percussion work fine, then your voice
should be OK, too, especially if you're following the exact same
procedures that you follow at home.  In addition to the mains (the
speakers pointing at the audience), are there monitors (the speakers
pointing at you on stage)?

Cheers,

Bill Fox
http://mysoace.com/billfox