AW: OT: VST plugin to do balance/pan function

Title:

Hey os,

I'd like to come
 back to your offer below...short answer: I need it for Windows.

Long answer: please find enclosed a reqspec for the thing.

Thanks,

             Rainer

Requirement specification for a VST plugin for Windows XP platforms which allows for panning of mono sources and “balancing” of stereo sources, in the following called „panner“

001

The panner shall be implemented as a VST plugin for Windows XP platforms as a stereo in/stereo out device and shall be able to function with common bit depths and sample rates up to 32bit/96kHz.

002

The panner shall have at least one control (“panpot”).

002a

The panpot shall provide one real value to the panner ranging from -1…+1. 0 shall be defined as “center position”. -1 shall be defined as “hard left”. +1 shall be defined as “hard right”. This value shall be called “p”

003

The panner’s controls shall be controllable within Ableton Live by MIDI commands.

004

The panner shall function as a 2 in, 2 out mixer which sends a combination of the two channels of the stereo input pair (IL and IR) to the two channels of the stereo output pair (OL and OR) defined by a mathematical transformation.

005

The mathematical transformation shall be of the form

OL = IL*f(p) + IR*g(p)

OR = IL*f(-p)) + IR*g(-p)

with f, g real functions of p.

006

There shall be at least one choice of function pairs f, g.

007

There shall be one choice of functions f, g as follows:

f = 1    ; p < 0

f = 1-p ; otherwise.

g = 1-f.

008

If the number of function pairs is greater than one, there shall be a control for selecting the function.

009

If the selected functions f,g are continuous, changing p may not lead to signal artifacts.

010

The panner shall be optimized for resource-friendlyness, i.e. it shall not tax the host computer’s CPU or main memory more than necessary.