Re: Sync drift with EDP. Causes? Solutions?

On 6 jun 2007, at 16.52, Doug Cox wrote:

> That could be the case for Live also, but I'd trust Per to tell us
> if he has any experience with an unstable clock coming out of Live?

Please let me elaborate! I have noticed that Live does send out a bed
clock sync signal when Live itself is following some other sync
master device. In my case I was using either the EDP or Mobius or
Augustus Loop to provide the master MIDI Clock sync.

But on the other hand, when Live is not syncing but only running by
its own internal clock I have never had any problem with the sent out
sync signal. I wish there was a way to have live sync to a signal
while at the same time simply pass it on, as hardware boxes always
have done - to their MIDI Through jack - but unfortunately it seem as
Live needs to send out its own clock instead (which becomes flakey
when in sync mode). I have not tested if this is still the case with
Live 6 though, since I just recently upgraded.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)