Re: OT: thoughts on music and cooking

Ha!  Well sure.  I guess there's no harm in sharing, though this is
certainly taking the conversation WAY OT!  My apologies to Kim.

Here's both of 'em, though the amounts are really just my guesses.  I
never measure things out, I just approximate and taste, adjust,
taste, etc.

Josh’s Salsa

Blend the following items and chill.  I usually add salt last so I
can adjust to the right level.  Either way, it is best after it's sat
in the refrigerator for a few hours and all the bubbles left over
from the blender have worked their way out.

Original recipe:

1 can (28 oz.) Whole peeled tomatoes
1 can (14 oz.) Rotel (diced tomatoes and chili peppers)
2 medium roma tomatoes (cut into chunks)
¼ medium yellow onion (cut into chunks)
4 medium pepperoncini peppers
10 to 12 dried chili pequin pods (these are really hard to find but
really add to the flavor!)
1 to 3 medium jalapeño peppers – cored and seeded (leave some seeds
for more heat)
Juice of ½ lime
1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
2 or 3 leaves fresh cilantro
6 tablespoons kosher salt (or to taste)
1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
½ tablespoon ground cayenne (red) pepper
½ teaspoon ground comino (cumin)

New, all fresh blend:

6 to 8 medium roma tomatoes (cut into chunks)
½ medium yellow onion (cut into chunks)
1 medium pablano chili (cored and seeded)
1 to 3 medium jalapeño pepper – cored and seeded (leave some seeds
for more heat)
Juice of 1 lime
2 to 4 cloves garlic - peeled
8 to 12 leaves fresh cilantro
6 to 8 tablespoons kosher salt (or to taste)
1 ½ tablespoon comino (cumin) seed (ground cumin can be used if you
don't like the texture of the seeds.  Start small with this and add
to taste.)

Enjoy!

--Josh