Re: guitar floorboard with lots of MIDI control

This is something that I've searched the earth for... haven't found it.

To me, the Line6 amp sims sound good... but you loose some of the "feel"
of an amp/footpedel setup.  No MIDI sync either.  Don't remember if it has
dig out.

The Vox Tonelab has what I think are the best amp sims and really captures
the feel of the amp/footpedel setup.  Falls down on the fuzzbox sims
though (I supplement with a Line6 box)  The reverb is strictly spring or
plate sounding, so if you need lush real sounding verbs, it's no so
good... chorus is kind of flat too...also, no MIDI synced effects or dig
out.  The new version might, I don't know.

I have no idea about the TC (though I know their stuff is great) but I'm
pretty sure no MIDI sync.

My "solution" ends up being a Vox Tonelab SE, Line 6 Distortion Modeler
for the Fuzzbox sims, and a Boss VF1 for reverbs, time based effects,
delays (all MIDI synched)  Sometimes I think I can ditch the VF1 because
of what I can do with computer VSTs... but the VF1 is so good and elegant
it's going to be a long time before it leaves my rig.  Cool thing is it's
got an 8 second looper so if the computer goes to the bahamas during a
performance, I can cook up some loops on the fly until I've rebooted.

Guitar Rig 2 is kind of that, in a sense, but something about it bothered
me.  I couldn't handle that latency.

Anyway, it's an "ugly hack" as far as I'm concerned.  Sounds great, works
great, but man what I'd give to find it all in one box that sits on the
floor, but I've given up on that dream.  If you find it, I'd love to know.

Mark