Re: Self Promoting

   :) Not that Zoe was being deliberately modest, but I think you make a
good point, and the reason I asked, is that though it's not the most glam
gig in the world, a news spot can be way good PR.

   So bringing something like a looping performance (and a high quality
artistic one) to a spot like that, (all be it too short for my tastes)
:)  is a really good thing!...

So again, good show girl!!!

Smiles,

Cara

  At 02:52 PM 6/15/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>Zoe Keating wrote:
>>they read about me in the local paper, which heard about me from
>>somewhere else, etc.
>>On Jun 14, 2007, at 3:03 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:
>>>
>>>Zoe, Very nice!  :)  Thanks so much for posting!...
>>>
>>>...Also, how did you get the news spot?...
>Zoe, I assume that you are self-promoting as opposed to hiring out that
>function to a third party?  I think that any musician who doesn't spend
>as
>much time on such "non-musical" activities as they spend at practicing is
>more likely to be doomed to playing in the bedroom than the musician who
>does spend the time.  Please don't be modest.  Sharing with us how you
>got
>a media coup like this will only serve to help the looping
>community.  It's a lot of hard work to promote oneself and you obviously
>do it quite well.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Bill
>

>--
>5:10 PM

---
   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn