mistakes

  Wether it's a mistake or not depends on intent- In some non' or anti'
forms mistakes aren't possible,but If I'm playing bass behind a
singer,doing
melodic stuff w/ conventional harmonic structures,hitting say a flat 5 on
the downbeat of the I chord would be a mistake which I would do my best to
not repeat. I'd probably slide into a 5-1 as quickly as possible. Someone
said  there are no wrong notes,just bad resolutions.In some cases
repeating
the 'mistake' can increase tension and becomes a way of making the
eventual
resolution even stronger.In conventional western tonal music anyway.
  In some instances playing an actual chord tone on the one would be
heinous.