Re: Fwd: The Artist's Right To Be Boring

>> What have other folks on the list used musically as indicators of
>> "time to return to the mothership"  like James Brown did calling out
>> "take me to the bridge!" only more subtle maybe?  on stage
>> communication is what i'm trying to figure out, while you're buried in
>> the jam...

One of my funnier failures to solve this problem involved getting a
roommates' friend involved in a group session of typical outer space
exploration.  Now we chose to ask this person because a) he was a pretty
good guitarist and b) he liked to play songs primarily and c) we all got
along pretty well.  So we figured we had the perfect arrangement.  We'd
get all spacey and play as far out as we wanted and then this guy would
pick up and be able to bring us back down and ground us for a while.  So
we set up and started to play and after about two minutes of our
drifting sounds he put his guitar down and, without saying a word,
walked out of the room.  At that point we knew we were doomed and had no
choice but to continue onward and outward, return no longer guaranteed.

Kevin

-- Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have
a form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all
trouble. - Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950) Sound and Vision:
http://www.minds-eye.org