Re: Laptops -dedicated to music only?

One more thing to keep in mind if using Windows computers.

If you're splitting your studio between two computers (one for
email/internet & one for music), set up your email computer with a
pseudo-studio configuration and use *that* computer to check out new
plug-ins & software.

Back when I ran MS 'puters all the time, I would spend hours at a
time tracking down and cleaning crap out of the Registry.  This was
caused when I'd try out a new piece of software, decide it wasn't my
thing, and delete it.  Unfortunately, it's rare that these demos have
a 100% clean uninstall.  I found all that leftover junk would cause
my performance to degrade (severely) over time.

Only install on your studio computer software that you're 100%
dedicated to actually using.  Test new things out on another deck.

        --m.