Re: Laptops -dedicated to music only?

We shouldn't let this point go, and I appreciate Andy's data oriented mind
here. I have yet to see any, even halfway objective figures that compare
newer mac and pc performance when it comes to audio performance. It is
important to have this to substantiate any general claims about each.  The
thing is that to really substantiate a claim, it almost has to be based on
specific comparison, the more the better, and then inferring or
generalizing
from that data. The validation should requires that as many things are as
equal as possible between the two systems, so what is really left to have
any varying factor on performance is the core notebook system (hardware)
and
its OS. For instance, I would like to see a comparison of two systems,
both
a notebook and mac with the same core duo processors/speeds, same amount
or
RAM, same amount of disk space and speed, same audio app and interface,
same
IO for the interface, same content used for the test, same ASIO or other
driver from the app manufacture, and so on. There are many apps and audio
interfaces that will work on both mac and pc, so a test of this sort is
possible.

Kris