Re: bows for guitars

hi Luis.

The basic problems are
1) the body of the guitar gets in the way
2) the bridge for a bowable instrument really needs to be curved, so you
can
access individual strings ( so the fretboard needs to be curved too)

so the only good solutions I know are

1) a custom built instrument
2) ebow ;-)
3) there's a technique I sometimes used for bass which would work with
guitar, only works
  for the two outside strings and not that easy to co-ordinate, but I can
share that if you like.

http://www.myspace.com/bernhardguenter
has a custom instrument.

andy butler