RE: BOSS RV70 Reverb

paul- fwiw, my guitarist hates the sound of boss reverbs; I have three of their multi-effects units which more-than-likely have the same or similar reverb algorithms in them. what he hears is a high-frequency ringing in the reverb tails, almost as though the effect is pulling out & exaggerating the most annoying overtones it can find in his guitar sound (which is somewhere in amongst hendrix, gilmour & trower). there are, in fact, one or two recordings of ours (commercially available, just about!) that he won't listen to because of this.
just my, as they say, 2c.

d.