Re: Laptops -dedicated to music only?

On 12 jul 2007, at 09.11, Os wrote:

> I would imagine BootCamp would be a much better choice for
> Windows-on-Mac for audio work, but I've never tried it out myself.

That's what have been reported by those who have tried. BootCamp is
the way to go for audio work under XP on an intel mac. I've also read
that with the latest version of Parallels you can actually use the
partition set up by the BootCamp installation. This gives you a Mac
that may just run XP applications in Parallels when needed and when
you want to do some audio work with XP you reboot into BootCamp/XP
and have full access to hardware etc. meaning less latency and less
CPU load.

I'm going that route myself in the future, the day one of my recent
XP or OSX laptops breaks down.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)