Re: picasso guitar - metheny

On 4 Jul 2007 at 18:48, RICK WALKER wrote:

> and one last thought,    Did you ever see the keyboardist Lyle Mays
> play with Pat Metheny back in the original days of his quartets on ECM
> records?      He was fond of tuning an autoharp to open tunings,

Around the 80/81 period I managed to visit numerous gigs with The PM
Group (I actually travelled between countries to hear their gigs, was
really into their stuff). I remember Lyle had lots of miced zithers
lying on top of the grand piano. They were all tuned into different
chords and he played them as "fill in effects" (arpeggio sweeps in a
harp like manner) while he also played his typical piano lines. I
would never have been able to figure out that sound only by listening
to the records.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)