Re: Looking for a new looper

On 16 Jul 2007, at 12:12 PM, Mark Sottilaro wrote:

> Mark, I think Mobius does all you ask for… though I personally
> don’t use it for all you mention so I can’t speak for all the
> functions.  Jeff recently added my coveted “preset your loop length
> to host bar” function in the latest beta release, and I imagine a v
> 1.3 release is close at hand with a lot of new great features, many
> of them having to do with being able to write scripts to initiate
> complex functions.
Indeed it does look like it does everything I need (though I will say
the Riff Box looks slick in the demos).

Down sides:

* I've resisted going the laptop route because I have yet to see a
laptop that didn't seem awkward to set up in a portable situation.
(Okay. Wally Schnalle seems to have found a reasonable way to mix it
in with his drum kit.)

* Generally, I'm a Mac guy.

That said, I've been contemplating dumping hardware synths for
virtual synths...

Mark