Re: OT- Resonating (was:Re: Civitas Urbanus (new album release))

On Jul 22, 2007, at 6:48 AM, Tim Nelson wrote:

> The specific example that sticks in my head
> was that people from Ireland could almost invariably
> complete North Indian phrasing and vice-versa.

As I recall, the movie Latcho Drom dealt with the currents of musical
influence flowing from India and splitting in North Africa with
currents going up the eastern side of Europe and in the west up the
Iberian peninsula eventually meeting in central Europe and crossing
into British Isles with the Traveler/Tinkerer culture.

BobC

http://tinyurl.com/yt8f8j
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGb4Xq3MRtc