----- Original Message -----
From: monk

great comparison, but you could save yourself quite a bit by not getting the RAM from apple. they are still gouging for their RAM (methinks it's roughly double the rest of the market.) larger hard drives are priced similarly. i have a macbook pro with 4GB ram and have run protools and logic on it simultaneously for well under $2000.

FWIW