Re: AW: minimizing gear with-laptop or floor harware?

On 28 jul 2007, at 14.31, L.A. Angulo wrote:

> how do they work being synced with mobius?
> I work with the mpc1000 in both modes, using it as
> master and slaving it ot the EDPs

They don't. As plug-ins to Ableton Live they all sync with Ableton
Live. But with the MIDI-OX trick you can make Live sync to Mobius.
This is not stable though. But it's stable to set a tempo in Live and
have all plug-ins sync (Mobius, Kontakt, Battery und alles).

If you want to use Mobius as the sync master you should know that
Bidule offers a special kind of internal sync system that works very
well with VST plug-ins under Windows XP (seems to not work with AU
plug-ins under OSX). But regarding GURU I'm not quite sure it's
compatible with Bidules internal sync system. If you seriously are
interested in running GURU as a software MPC hosted in Bidule, please
send me a note and I will try out if it works, since I have GURU
available here and have now become as used to Bidule as a VST host as
I am with Ableton Live.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)