Re: Low Lantecy Soundcard for Laptop Gig

You guys keep mentioning the
RME Fireface 400 and RME Fireface 800.

They look incredible but, man,  it takes my breath away to see
what these things cost!  $700 and $1200,
respectively.................argggggghhh!

This starving artist shit sucks!!!!!

I own an M-Audio Firewire 410.

Is this just a worthless piece of crap in terms of looping live with a
laptop setup?

And, damn,  I just heard that Creative Labs has just ended EMU for good.
That means they'll probably blow some of their audio breakout boxes
for really cheap I imagine.

Are any of those going to be decent for use with a MacBook or MaBook Pro
as everyone seems to be in consensus about (except for Qua.........all
kudos, my friend)?

Any other alternatives besides the really pricey soundcards?