Re: general question about equipment

You are correct. Software optimization for dual core is a bonus to take
advantage of additional duo core features, but not necessary. The system
does a lot of things in the background between the two cores, running  the
OS and applications that make it much more efficient than a solo core
system. Intel wouldn't release a product like this if it's power could
only
be unleashed by special software optimization.  That would be ridiculous.

Kris