FS: EMS SynthiA

After a long soul searching I have decided to sell my most prized
synthesizer. This is an early 1970s EMS SynthiA in equisite condition.
Cosmetically is it excellent; not "for it's age" as they say in the Eb*y
ads but truly excellent. The front panel gleams, the coloured knobs (heh,
UK spelling there) are shiny and complete, the case itself is great
including the latches which work fine.

This is an ultrarare MK1 which has the original patch pin layout giving
you separate waveforms for VCOs 1 and 2. Functionally everything great as
well and all knobs, switches, speakers, matrix connections, etc work 100%.

A good resolution picture of the unit I am selling is here:
http://www.helpwantedproductions.com/ebay/synthi1.jpg

I have other pictures as well.

A few years ago I had the power supply rebuilt by Phil Cirocco @CMS in PA
and any issues with the MK1 PS were corrected. I have driven a Crickwood
DK2 from this unit and it's worked perfectly.

If you're familiar with the unit, be it from reading about them or seeing
one in person, you know this is one of the most unique electronic
instruments ever made. Used by Brian Eno, Pink Floyd, Aphex Twin, etc etc.
I have never seen a better example of this model (let alone in a MK1
version) as well.

This sale comes with the following:

SynthiA with both halves of the suitcase. Please note this does not have
the KS sequencer keyboard (otherwise I would be listing a SynthiAKS no?)

20-30 Pins (a few of them brand new with insulation 100%) White, grey,
Coloured (heh).

Kenton UK Cinch Jones-> 3x1/8" adapter cable which allows you to run the
Synthi via CV/GATE at the more standard 1vt/oct plus another input to
control the VCF, Env, etc via any 1/8" connection. I used this with my
Kenton Pro2 and ProSolo and it was very cool.

I had copies of all the manuals (users, patchbook, etc) and if I can find
those they will be included in hardcopy as well.

Please read all the following terms before emailing and asking to buy this:
---------------------------------

I am asking $6000 US OBO for this unit. Buyer pays any fees for shipping,
etc. Given the rarity, condition, and current prices for this model that
is certainly market value. However, I will listen to all reasonable
offers. To help us all out I'll define a reasaonable offer as one by a
serious buyer who is prepared to purchase the unit right away not "when
they get the $$ together" and who makes an offer close to my asking price
and makes it very easy for me to sell this to them. :)

I will consider being more generous in the price for a local cash sale
(Phila Pa, USA). If there are no local pickup sales after a while I will
consider shipping on a full prepay with suitable waiting period for funds
to clear. No scams or nonsense tolerated obviously, we all know the score
on those. I generally won't use paypal for an item this expensive but I
might accept paypal from buyers I know. Given you will pay the fees which
may be around $200 or more I would far prefer you found another way to
make payment and saved us both some $$ and aggravation.

Some partial trades might be possible as well. I am always looking for
Banana based modular gear (Serge or Modcan/Cynthia).

I am aware this is not a toy price nor is it a toy piece. I have been
playing and collecting vintage synthesizers for over 15 years and worked
very hard to have this item in my collection. I do not NEED to sell it.
However, I will gladly work with anyone who is serious and will be able to
buy the unit sooner than later.

Thanks for reading. Any questions please email me.

D_

      Weird, Scary, and Beautiful Music and Art:
        Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com