RE: [sooperlooper-users] multiple instances of SL in Live: problems with volume levels

From: midifriedchicken@comcast.net
> It just seems that most of the work is already done. Most hardware
> loopers are basically software installed on chassis with preconfigured
> setups.

This is a common misconception.  Hardware loopers don't run Windows or
OSX.  There is absolutely no similarity between the assembly code
written for the EDP or the Repeater and the C++ code you have to write
to make a VST plugin.  You could reuse the concepts and maybe a basic
high level architecture, but you'd be pretty much starting from
scratch.

The Looperlative is an exception since it is C++ code running on
Linux.  It would be more feasible to port that but you've still got
lots of new issues to worry about like writing a cross-platform
graphical user interface and testing with 50 different VST hosts.

From: Cara Quinn
> Two points really come to mind for me here; one is that since the
> loopers have such varied uses from simple looping, the feature sets
> need to be vast to please most artists

Amen.

Jeff