Re: processors?

> +1 on the VF 1. Very similar to the Boss GT series of pedalboard FX
units, which I am addicted to. You m,ust actuallt work to get into the
sounds available, but a wide range of qulity effects IN ANY ORDER AT ALL
can rock your world if you take the time to explore. The ring modulator
alone is worth the (low) price.

Unfortunately the VF-1 does NOT allow you place the effects in any order
at all.  There are a bunch of locked algorithms and a few that allow you
to move MOST of the effects.  And my second biggest complain about the
box (though I do really like it overall) is that many of the effects are
stored in groups and you can only have one effect from that group at any
given time.  So no Pitch shifting AND ring modulation for instance.  Or
no slow gear with tremolo and so on.

I much prefer the Old(?) digitech model where you could place ANY effect
in the chain as many times as memory permitted (you could line up eight
stereo pitch shifting modules in a row if you wanted).

I still love the VF-1 though, especially being able to map up to four
parameters to a single continuous controller.

Kevin

I wish the VF-1 allowed a little more flexibility in
--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision:  http://www.minds-eye.org