Re: SooperLooper: are multiple outputs possible?

On 21 aug 2007, at 04.09, midifriedchicken@comcast.net wrote:

> Im running sooperlooper with Live 6. Is there a way to send the dry
> signal to one channel and the looped material to another?

 From where?

One idea might be to use one of Lives audio channels to fetch the
audio input from the audio interface. Track output routed to the
Master Track output. Then you use a Return Track Send knob of this
Audio Track to send signal to a Return Track. Then put the
SooperLooper (or whatever looping plug-in you got there) on a second
Audio Track where you fetch the input from the Return Track mentioned
above. Be sure not to let through an dry signal in the looper.

Think about Ableton Live as a mixer console plus patch bay. Almost
any routing is possible. This example is just one way to achieve what
you are looking for.

Oh... I just noticed your title line. Use  a couple of Live's Audio
Tracks to fetch the multiple looper outputs. If you want to treat
them all with exclusive, post loop, effect plug-ins that is.
Personally I'd rather process pre loop and not split up the signal
over too many pipes. My reason for this is to keep the option of
reacting instantly when improvising music and keep the CPU load low.
I regard this issue the major "two sides of the looping coin"; remix
style looping and musician style looping. Every looper has to set his
rig up to match his own approach because when cool things happen it's
starting in the imagination, not in the technology.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)