Re: o.t. READING

At 3:28 PM -0400 8/23/07, Tony K wrote:
>>On 8/23/07, <mailto:markfrancombe@gmail.com>markfrancombe@gmail.com
>><<mailto:markfrancombe@gmail.com>markfrancombe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>Is no one reading the new Harry Potter... ???
>
>I think I'm in a minority.  I haven't read any of them.  It's not
>that I'm not interested, just way too many other books that are
>ahead in the line. :)

I haven't read any of them either, but that's because my wife has
always been a big Potter fan (she started keeping up with 'em right
before the second book was released; long before any serious talk of
movies).  She gives me a synopsis of what's happening from book to
book as they come out, so I've never bothered to read them myself.

BTW, she absolutely HATED the new book.  She said J.K. Rowling was
merely sleepwalking her way through the whole thing so she could
collect a paycheck.  Don't know if I could blame Rowling, though.
She could write Jabberwocky in reverse interspersed with the NYC
Yellow Pages and this last book would still have been a bestseller.
And the scriptwriters are gonna take the bare plot threads and
re-write the whole thing for the movie anyway.  Why kill yourself at
this point....

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of