Re: Laptop Looping

On 25 aug 2007, at 04.44, kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com wrote:
> This email is about my battle with CRACK, BUZZ, and SNAP and what I
> am doing to win the battle!  Hope this isn't too long-winded -- I
> hope this saves someone some frustration.  Here is my tale:

Excellent write-up, Kevin! We need people, now and then, taking the
time to put the pieces together and give us the big picture.

> Live looping is an application where you are both monitoring the
> output data and playing in sync with the computer.  So, the latency
> that is unnoticable in a recording situation becomes a big factor
> for live looping.

Just one comment on the above: Some software loopers do compensate
well for latency. Myself I have only done deep testing of Mobius in
this regard and I can truly say that this Windows looper does it
perfectly well. When looping on Mac I tend to make  a different kind
music that doesn't need the timing that typically gets ruined by
latency.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)