Re: Looping & Latency

> > The main issue for me is
> > being in sync with the loops I'm making; that's easier for me if i

> >turn
> > monitoring thru on in Mobius and turn off hardware monitoring on
the
> > soundcard.

>That works too. But it isn't the only way of working.  I always
monitor
>from an external hardware mixer then use latency compensation to align
>the overdubs.  Sometimes it's easier to do it your way though.  If
>you're experimenting with other plugins that add their own latency
it's
>easier to use "monitor through software" than to keep having to stop
>and recalibrate latency.

Part of it may be the way I have the host set up; I am recording the
input and each mobius track on separate tracks in the host.  I seem to
recall that the recording of the input signal would drift around in
time relative to recordings of the mobius tracks if hardware monitoring
was turned on.  With "thru mobius" monitoring of the input the problem
went away.  I am no expert on this stuff though and I may have missed
something setting it up, but the way I'm doing it now works, so I'm not
going to fuck with it.  :-)

-rabbi

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who
knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.