Re: AW: OT Re: No rules: no standard

Just a quick word from a someone who reads the list regularly, uses the
digest
version, rarely posts and has already unsubscribed several times because
of the
'signal to noise ratio' (with noise just defined as something not related
looping here) : not everyone can or wants to filter the messages coming
from an
already quite specialized mailing list.

I use the digest version of the list, for several reasons. I won't change
to a
non-digest version, I'd rather just unsubscribe. So, filtering each mail
is not
possible for me. When there are more messages not related to what I signed
for
than messages that do interest me, I unsubscribe again...

I've already said so in the past at least once : it would be a good thing
to set
up another mailing list (it takes a few minutes to do so on googlegroups
for
example) for off-topic discussions. Call it "Loopers Delight Off Topic",
just
like Analogue Heaven Off Topic (AHOT) existed a few years ago for people
from
the AH list who wanted to talk about other things than analogue synths.

This way, people who want both on-topic and off-topic subscribe to both,
people
who just want one thing have what they signed for :)

</daviD>

"Simulating the true sounds and making carefully.
 Many colours a lot, selected freely by you."