Re: RME Firewire 800 and Guitar Amp Sim - Preamps

That's what I thought... he,he,he... No reason then to achieve that precious FW400 ... what the hell...

I'm thinking of buying a second hand notebook, plug my guitar with the m-audio jamlab (29 euros) using the behringer bcn nanocontroller (28) a pair ov free vst and ready!... i'd be curious enough to know who of you is getting paid by your day by day job more than 3000 euros... i can't imagine otherwise buying these mountains of gear... It's crazy...

I recommend to Kris not to spend too much time looking
for that sound you had in your dreams since , by experience, it's one of the most time consuming tasks and less creative ones.

Raül.

2007/8/28, Per Boysen < perboysen@gmail.com>:
On 28 aug 2007, at 06.51, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> Check it out...
>
> Digital Input of  RME Fireface 400:  Input Digital: 1 x ADAT
> optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial (AES/EBU compatible)
>
> Digital Output of my Boss VF-1 (which is decent amp/cab sims):
> Coaxial (EIAJ CP-1201, S/P DIF)
>
> Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Granted, this bypasses the FW400
> inserts; however it's a digital connection between VF1 and FW400,
> and I still get all the nice DA conversion of the FW400, etc.

No. Exactly the opposite. What you get is the nice DA conversion of
your VF-1.  ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)