im about to start a war

ok, i unsubscribed, but Im back to drain knowledge.

I am a new Live user. Ive used Cubase SE3 in the past, but Im looking to upgrade. Im looking for a new laptop, because my old system cannot support Live. It really comes down to.....dun dun dun....MAC vs. PC!

I am not operating at a high level at his point, and I will never be operating at the level of many of you on this site. Im primarily a guitarist.
I want to
1) be able to record my band and have 6 mics recording simultaneously
2) use my laptop in a live setting to loop and pull up samples
3) create music at home

After my initial round of research, I am looking at
2.2 ghz intel core 2
2 GB of RAM with the possibility of upgrading later
atleast 120 GB of RAM
a decent video card

This is the specs for a macbook Pro. After an extended warranty and support pack, I can get a PC for almost $500 cheaper than a MAC. I dont want to make an expensive decision I will regret. I realize Im lobbing a bit of a grenade, but more my purposes, does it really make sense to get the MAC? 90% of the shows I go to, its a MAC on stage. Is this is the work of lemmings, hipsters and marketers, or is it really worth it?
--
Matt H. Johnson