Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: Keeping the off-topic off the list ?

On 29 aug 2007, at 19.38, Warren Sirota wrote:

> I haven’t chimed in yet, and I *have* signed up for the OT list,  but I
> gotta say, I don’t like the idea of a separate list. For me,  this list
>is
> mostly about communicating with a bunch of interesting  people who I
> occasionally have the pleasure of meeting FTF, and  keeping up with my
> friends’ mp3s, videos and opinions. I valued the  book topic. Every day,
> delete huge ranges of messages – but  viewing them by conversation makes
> this really easy. I don’t keep  up with any other community, really, not
> having the time. To me,  the OT stuff tends to be more interesting than
> the long threads on  equipment that I don’t have or use.

My view is close to Warrens here. So in order to keep up with
everything without having to bother about separate lists I have them
both filtered into the same mail box. Recommended!

I don't need to know which list a certain thread is coming from, I
just delete or read-write-reply. My replies goes out to the same list
they came from. A true victory for mail filtering and separate mails
subscription!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)