Re: [Netiquette] Use this delete button...

Krispen wrote:
Out of curiousity, what is "unnecessary"? If I don't use the digest mode
and
delete messages after I read or reply to them, then I lose the original
context of follow-on emails if everyone deletes most of the original
message.  Personally, I like to see the thread of responses all in one
individual email, but that is only my own preference.  So what may be time
saving for the convenience of digest users may in fact be more time
consuming for some non-digest users, if I have to sift through my trash
can
to find the original thread that someone deleted.

Dear Kris,

This whole process does not have to be black and white.

If you are just concious of those of us who are trying to keep our email
reading to a minimum (the daily digest readers)
all it takes is you quoting a particular line or paragraph of something
that
you are responding to and ERASING the previous
five or six lengthy posts that you and others are  currently including in
all of your emails to the list.

A good deal of the posts to this list after threads have started are
people
making
really quick one or two sentence comments to individual things that people
have said in the last post.

It just takes a little tiny bit of work and consideration on the part of
everyone to solve the problem
of the 5-8 Daily Digests that we have been getting lately.

People keep politely requesting that people edit their posts.

I don't think it is an unreasonable request at all.

Please have some compassion about this subject.

yours,  Rick