Re: Most programmable midi foot controller

If I can chime in here... I'm definitely the worst placed person to
comment on "Evil Behringer" and their habit of reverse engineering. I
did it myself... reverse engineer the Behringer FCB.
Not with any commercial purpose (what would that be: to make a cheaper
clone of the Behringer products??) , no, just because the Big Behr
didn't show any interest in solving (or even admitting) some reported
firmware bugs. That's how UnO was born. I don't think it harmed anyone -
it's freely downloadable, but so are Behringers own firmware updates. It
might even be possible that Behringer sold a few extra units of their
popular FCB1010 with the outcome of UnO (especially if you look at the
UnO forum, which has been steadily growing toward the current 1600
users...)
Now on the other hand, gathering feature requests for UnO also learned
me a lot about what features many users need (and don't find in current
foot controllers). That's what made me decide to design a new foot
controller. From scratch. Completely different firmware concept (except
for many of the UnO features which were not available in the Behringer
product). Completely different mechanical concept too. I just wanted to
grab the occasion to mention that these GORDIUS Little Giant foot
controllers have been "officially released to market" earlier today. (I
hope you don't mind my mentioning it. As the topic of this thread was
"most programmable midi foot controller"...)

Cheers,
Xavier aka Ossan Dust
http://www.gordius.be