Re: Looping Survey - status report

> Age and looping experience:
> The largest age group (>52%) is 35-50, with the >50 coming in second with
> 31%. No one under 20 years so far.

> HW vs. SW:
> More than 71% prefer hardware loopers.

> SUMMARY:
> Not so many big surprises here. The looping community (at least those who
> took the survey) are a very experienced (if somewhat aged) group, which
> also
> might explain the relatively low likes for software loopers.

Interesting. So you draw a correlation between older loopers and
HW....suggesting that
the older generation is still clinging tenaciously to hardware technology?
This does makes sense,
given other trends in the technology industry.  I'm willing to bet that if
you did this
survey in another 10 years,  you would have more than 50% of survey
participants using
SW. The percentage might be inverted, in fact.

Do you know what percentage of the loopers used SW inside all those under
35? I'd like
to see the distribution of SW/HW across age groups.

Thanks for doing this, Rainer.

Kris