Re: OT: great picasso quote about abstract art

On 18 sep 2007, at 16.04, Rick Walker wrote:

> I really resonated with this quotation I just discovered,   it
> defines my own aesthetic
> about digital and acoustic sound design.
>
> There is no abstract art. You must always start with something.
> Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.
>

>   ---Pablo Picasso

Interesting quote! I use to reverse engineer that technique when
playing improvisations. Ie thinking the structures but only playing
certain notes to imply them. For a listener this touches psychedelic
areas, since the complete music is put together in his mind as an act
of creative participation.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)