Re: OT: Found sounds, contact mic recommendation

you can make your own contact mic...

http://home.earthlink.net/~erinys/contactmic.html

Or, maybe get one of those clip on lapel mics and clip it to the
string.  That might pick up the vibrations and give you some
interesting sounds.

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-hands-free-tie-clip-omnidirectional-electret--pi-2102927.html

Tony

--