Re: Music Tech-Recording Forum

> I'm wondering If anyone can't point me in the direction of a good
> Music Tech-Digital Recording Forum?

for me, it's recording.org and the already-mentioned gearslutz.com.

> Would it be appropriate to discuss recording software-technics- soft
> synths and the like on this forum?

try it ;-)

> For example, I'm never really happy with the way my bass tracks  and
> drums lay in my recordings-compared to the pro recordings. I'm not a
> slouch and have pretty good ears and experience, yet it is still a
> mystery.

This would require some more explanation from your side to give you a
suggestion. What does it sound like (or not sound like) in your case? What
would you want it to sound like? What are your sound sources? Do you have
that experience (your tracks sounding "weaker" than pro recordings) on all
listening equipment, or only on some? etc.etc.

              Rainer