RE: OT: Found sounds, contact mic recommendation

>>Roland makes a cheap contact mic for use with a tuner - not sure how
well it would capture sounds.<<

I bought something- not a roland- that was designed to allow the use of
an electronic tuner with a violin. cost about $12 & had a
slightly-too-short cable w/ 1/4" jack & a robust clip, which I had to
take off because it pinched directly against the working surface of the
microphone.

I bought it to use with a tiny kalimba, & it was very successful. the
soundbox of the kalimba meant that the whole set-up could be used as a
microphone too.

this was in claremont, ca, in a shop that sells what my drummer calls

duncan.