OT, but getting close to not-OT: guitar/sax improv sessions

Well, it's not looping....yet. I plan to get the RC-2 out on these sessions eventually, but for now me and the sax player are just getting to know each other and our styles.

This one clip from a session I recorded today with a new collaborator, who I met at the 2nd Annual Boise Experimental Music Festival. His name is Brian McFadin and he moved here less than a year ago from California. He's really quite an accomplished jazz sax player, studied at LACC, Cal State L.A, etc . He has a CD out with Tony Malaby, who has played with Paul Motian, etc; and he has another quintet CD out with John Bergamo, Doug Webb, Per Warpe (guitar), and Kentaro Ebiko (bass), called Succulent. Anway, I'm glad to have met him!

We plan to get together and record every other week until we have enough material for a CD.  Check out the clip:

On this, I'm just playing my Taylor nylon string acoustic through my Schertler "David" amp....no laptop, max/msp, or radical effects. It's quiet liberating to sit down and play like this once in a while...sort of tests whether I can still express myself with the instrument alone, without the assistance of electronics.

Next time, I hope to have some supporting loops in there. :)

Kris